Monday, April 11, 2005

Omerta: The Game Show

This bright idea comes to us via a CNN.com article about the ratings crash of "Trading Spaces". The Campbell being referenced is Discovery CEO Billy Campbell. (Discovery owns TLC, the network on which "Trading Spaces" airs.) I want to make sure he gets full credit for this awesome idea. From the article:

"Campbell still wants to focus on nonfiction programming, but feature more real people. One idea is "The Sit Down," like one of those courtroom shows that resolve disputes, but done with a Mafia-style don."

Man, I'd get cable again if this idea came to full fruition! What I really wonder is which type of Don they would get. There are a number of ways to go. Here are a couple examples:

Marlon Brando style Don -- "You never sought my friendship. Let's be honest--before I got a TV show you never wanted it. But if you had come to me in the spirit of friendship, than this scum who harmed you would be suffering this very episode."

Joe Pesci style Don -- "Hey Joey, I got yer head in a fuckin' vice here. Now come on, take the deal, Joey. Don't make me fuckin' do this, Joey! Take the deal, Joey! I'm gonna pop yer eyes right outta yer fuckin' head!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home