Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"It's on like Donkey Kong, beeatch!"



My fiance and I are trying to get healthier. Her main concern is weight, and mine is blood sugar (I'm type-2 diabetic), which is helped by losing weight and exercise. Unfortunately, we're not always the most motivated people in that department. OK, I'm never the most motivated person when it comes to exercise that doesn't involve drumming or sex, and there's a limited number of times a day I can do either. I'm 35, not 18, for the luva Pete!

Last night my fiance came up with a great idea to kick-start our motivation: a friendly contest. Her goal is to lose 5 pounds; mine is to have a fasting blood sugar level below 145 for two consecutive days. The first of us to reach our goal gets to use some of our tax return money to either get a new tattoo or have work done on an existing tattoo. Suddenly I'm feeling very motivated!

Personally, I think I should win the contest. She already has 3 perfectly good tattoos. I have one that's going to be awesome when it's finished, but that's a ways off. I need the prize more than she does. Unfortunately, my blood sugar won't go down on merit alone, so I'm gonna have to get off my ass and onto the treadmill, take Thompson for more walks, shit like that. And no more Twinkies fried in bacon grease as a midnight snack. Damn. I'm gonna miss 'em.

Today's blood glucose reading was a disappointing 169. ("Uh, no time for the old in-and-out, love; I've just come to read the meter!") Yesterday's was 150, down from 162 the day before that. Yesterday I took Thompson for a walk and didn't eat any sweets, so I don't know why it's higher today. Seems I've got my work cut out for me.

But I'm motivated. Baby needs some new shading!

"Fire, growing, burning, deep inside of me
Focused, driven, certain, the way it's got to be...
1-2-3, go...
So fucking determined
Yeah, yeah go...
You better believe it, confidence
Go...
So fucking determined
Yeah, yeah go...
Spit out all reason"
--Mudvayne, "Determined"

1 Comments:

Blogger BlueMule said...

Go Fiancé! Go Fiancé!

Kick Yomper's lily white ass.

Mule

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home