Friday, April 01, 2005

Take This Job and Shove It!, prologue

Yesterday was my last day at my most recently current job. I was fired for the interesting word usements I structure. No, really, I was working in a temporary position, and the position came to its end. I was expecting to be hired on permanently, but due to their contract with their client company, the IT outsourcing group I was working for is having to lay off people instead of hire on more help. It's too bad, because my leaving means the group I worked with is now more critically understaffed then they were when I came on board last fall. I'm leaving on very good terms with everyone and there's the distinct possibility I'll be hired back at a later date, at least to help with some project work. I'm looking forward to a little time off, but it still sucks to be out of a decent job. So instead of being morose about it, I'm listening to some good tunes (see my previous post for more details about that), getting myself in the right frame of mind (Yes, BM, I've put on my bowling socks!), and preparing to assail you with with a collection of movie quotes, all relating to the theme of employment.

So sit back and enjoy the following series of posts about the almighty J-O-B and how it relates to my DVD collection...which I'll actually have time to watch over the next few weeks! And thanks to Netflix, I'll still be able to expand it. I love you, Netflix!

2 Comments:

Blogger BlueMule said...

Bowl me a strike, Yomp. I'm smack dab in the middle of another 14-hour day.

But at least I'm not an unemployed dirtbag like you.

Mule

11:53 AM  
Blogger BlueMule said...

There had better be at least one post from "Office Space" in this mindnumbing example of your unemployed expliots. Now, where are those DAMNED TPS reports?

Mule

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home