Thursday, December 01, 2005

Say hello to...Ruby!

In the interest of journalistic integrity I have to post a correction to my previous post. (Those responsible for sacking those responsible for the previous post, have been sacked.) When we took Duke for his first vet appointment we got a surprise: Duke is a girl! So Duke isn't Duke anymore. Duke is Ruby.

Say it with me: Ru-by!

I blame myself for the misunderstanding. I saw a dangly thing and made the obvious assumption. For the record, I'd like to take this opportunity to express my pride in never being on the wrong side of that particular judgement call in my dating years. I'm sure Thompson knew right away, but he's a dog and that's the first place he put his nose when we brought her home. That's probably why he's never been defensive with her. He seems to enjoy having a little sister (and I mean little--he can fit her entire head in his mouth!), and she absolutely adores him, if you can call biting his ears adoration.

So it's a girl! Somebody change the color of that order of bublegum cigars.

He is a boy, you are a girl
And it will always be that way
But there are people in this world
Who'd like to change what nature made
And if you take that decision,
Than they will make an incision...
Down below!

--David Byrne, "Now I'm Your Mom"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home